Would you like a solid foundation in making the case for the truth of Christianity?
Consider a certificate program in apologetics sponsored by the San Diego County Apologetics Network (SDCAN) and local churches.
Why pursue a certificate in apologetics?
- God tells us to have answers for all who ask
- It builds confidence in Christians
- It equips people to teach other Christians
- It connects learners to new resources
- It connects people with similar interests
- It demonstrates Christians can think
- It can change society
- More importantly, it can introduce people to Christ
The organization behind this certificate program is the San Diego County Apologetics Network, which is made up of individuals across the county who value apologetics and seek to help Christians understand why they believe what they believe. For more information about SDCAN, visit sdcapologetics.com. Because we want all to have access to this opportunity, there will be no charge for the program.
Students will devote 15-20 hours for completion of the program, which will introduce people to the basics of Christian apologetics. They will be listening to audio lectures or watching videos and answering questions about what they have learned. They will need access to a computer and the internet for these presentations. Depending on the coordinator, number of students, and the location, there may be in-person meetings.
How it works
- You contact the director, Gary Zacharias (email@example.com)
- We email you a list of topics, links to the audio and video lectures, and questions to answer for all lectures
- You can complete the work as slowly or as quickly as you wish
- You will receive a certificate from the San Diego County Apologetics Network (SDCAN) upon completion of the work
- Introduction (apologetics/tactics)
- The existence of God
- The Trinity
- The life/death/resurrection of Jesus
- Reliability of the Gospels
- Jehovah’s Witnesses
- Science/Christianity (various issues)
- Church history
- The problem of evil
- A key question: What about those who have never heard of Jesus?
- A second key question: Do all roads lead to God?
- Same-sex marriage
- Existence of the soul
I have also written a book that covers all the above topics. You will be able to download it for free, or you can request a hard copy for $5 to cover the printing costs.
Comments by participants
Here are comments by those who have either completed the program or are in the middle of it:
Shauna: “I just finished up the videos. It has been a great experience. I am so glad I did it. Some of the information was review (from attending your classes) but it was so helpful to go through the videos and take in the information in a sequential and orderly way. I took in new information even from the videos that were review. All your hard work to make these videos available is very appreciated. Thank you so much.”
Dan: “I found the apologetics certification program compelling and rewarding for many reasons and I think others will find it compelling as well . . . Gary has done a terrific job putting together a program that covers the essentials of a solid apologetics program and his experience in education makes him uniquely suited to lead those interested through the program with patience and a deep background in the subject matter.”
Rebekah: “ This apologetic video series has helped me be better equipped to give an answer to the questions that are raised about my faith in this culture. It has been helpful that I get to hear a lecture on a topic and then have the practice of answering questions by writing them out in my own words. I learn best by hearing and then writing and putting ideas in my own words. This program has helped me do that.”
Kristeena: “The program helped give me tools to understand, defend and communicate better about my own spiritual beliefs as well as give me the confidence to discuss with people the aspects of their chosen foundations.”
For more information about the certificate program, contact Gary Zacharias, founder of SDCAN—firstname.lastname@example.org